04 June 2009

Polkadot skirt




As usual I'm all about the planning and not getting to the sewing. But this time I did it.
One free evening I decided to sew a dress from my 'dress-plan'. The black and white polkadot fabric was already in my fabric stash so I only had to get it out. The pattern would be easy, I would make a skirt section (150x50 cm), a belly section and two long parts which would go from under each breast to behind my neck. All said and done, I had too few fabric!
So I decided to make a skirt, which would also look nice. Maybe a skirt was even better with those polkadot's, it would be less conspicuous (not that I don't mind).


I used the pattern from Burda Easyfashion spring/summer 2009. They had a wondeful section with 50's/rock&roll clothes. When I bought the magazine it was the first pattern that caught my eye, but I wasn't sure about how it would look in real life.

Luckily Kitty Couture (I looove her cat!) had already made the skirt, and I loved it!

So I started sewing, and finished it in two days. On the pic I pulled up my shirt to show the skirt's waist. It's got a big pocket on the right and a zipper in the left seam.

Bye, 
post signature

Pineapple reticule



There is a Empire costume and a pineapple reticule from the Kyoto Costume Institute. I've always wanted to own such a cute reticule/bag and when I went to check Ravelry (the online knitting community) for a pattern, it was there!

The patterns also had a colored chart which proved very useful to check my knitting. Unfortunatly I don’t know any Spanish so I translated the pattern back into English, so that the knitting terms were in English again.

Knitting with 2mm dpn’s takes some getting used to, but I managed in the end. And the result is lovely.

The pineapple reticule is originally with beads, but I decided to omit them, and make just a plain pineapple.


Bye,
post signature

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...