12 September 2010

Tutorials

Well, I love tutorials. Most of the patterns I use from magazines like BWOF (Burda World of Fashion), Knipmode or Patrones has only text to explain how to sew the garment. But most of the time I'm impatient and don't understand half of the written instructions, so I'll just sew it the way I think it will work. That often leads to faults, because I missed an important step (which was written). So I turn to visual instructions online. There are a lot of tutorials online which explain certain steps of sewing. Or they explain how to make that one garment (there are a lot tutorials for skirts...)

This week I've been looking at these tutorials for my fall 2010 sewing:
Ruffles & Roses Circle Skirt Tutorial - and that's just one of the many skirt tutorials she has online! My next project will be a circle skirt, after the beautiful skirts from Louis Vuitton.

I'll sew you!! Rounded Pocket Tutorial - Rounded pockets are tricky to get right and I'm going to use this tutorial to make some nice pockets on that circle skirt.

Sew, Mama, Sew! Wrap Skirt Tutorial - I would love to make a warm wrap skirt for fall.

CraftyGal's Retro Kitchen Apron - My current apron shrunk ánd the colors bled when I washed it. Now it's hidious. I need to make a new one.

Elle Apparel's Pinwheel Skirt - Love this one, but would it work with a more fall apropriate fabric?

Phat Chick Designs Altering a sleeve for a forward shoulder - The title says it all. I always have problems with fitting my sleeves, perhaps this could help?

And a lot of Sewing Tutorials about Pattern Alterations, I'm going to need those when I'm improving my ill-fitting selfmade clothes.

Bye, 
post signature

3 comments:

Wollig said...

You make it seem easy !
Love your film.

Kim @ craftyNHmom said...

I enjoyed your video so much!! Thank you for sharing. Your dress is so beautiful and I loved seeing how it evolved. Like many seamstresses, costuming and historical clothes are so fascinating to me!

Kim @ craftyNHmom said...

I enjoyed your video so much!! Thank you for sharing. Your dress is so beautiful and I loved seeing how it evolved. Like many seamstresses, costuming and historical clothes are so fascinating to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...