28 May 2012

Summer means Sorbetto


For the past few days the weather's been quite hot and it looks like it'll stay that way a couple of days more. So when I came across the free Sorbetto top pattern from Colette (I love the new spring and summer patterns!), I knew I had to make one. You can get it here!

The top looks easy to make and would be perfect to wear in this kind of weather. The pattern calls for some nice bias tape (or you could make your own), so wearing it solo would be best to show the bias tape off. I knew this pattern would stretch my limits, not sewing-wise, but comfort-wise. I'm not always comfortable with bare arms, but in these hot conditions I'm really forced to. OK, so I had to make this top.


I had a remnant of cherry print fabric laying around. A really cute fabric, but there was so little of it I really had to plan the whole layout of the pattern pieces. That's why I'd never used the fabric before, it was just to difficult finding a pattern I liked and would fit. But the Sorbetto top did!

It was fun making this top. Including printing/taping the pattern it took me about two hours to finish it! All the while I was skyping with my boyfriend. Hurrah for multitasking :-)

If you plan to make Sorbetto I suggest you check these links first:

- The Sew Weekly Seven days of Sorbetto!
- A tutorial on how to turn the Sorbetto into a Little bows blouse
- Check out this Sorbetto-Ginger hybrid dress
- How to turn the Sorbetto into a Toast inspired tunic
- I love Casey's (from Elegant Musings) version


Bye,
post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...