09 April 2014

Smooth Sailing blouse




This my review of the Smooth Sailing blouse pattern from Wearing History.

Pattern Description:

1930's puff-sleeved blouse with front and back yoke.

Pattern Sizing:
I always have the trouble of being the in-between-size. The patterns are often available in two packages and I usually need to gamble between a too small size or too big size. This time I gambled for the bigger size (size ..., package B) using the sizes guide. Although using the guide I feel as if the blouse is a bit big for me (in the shoulders).

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, very good instructions!

please excuse the wrinkles... next time I'll iron it a lot better! 


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
What I dislike about the pattern is that they are for sale in two size packages. And as usual, I have to choose because I'm in between two sizes. I opted for the larger size, better to have a too large pattern than too small? But in the end I should have taken the smaller size, because I feel as if the blouse is a bit big in the shoulder area. I have a rather small shoulder area and most of the time I tend to forget it when sewing. So a lot of the times I take the patterns by the bust-size or waist-size, but they turn out too big because of my silly shoulders! Next time when making this blouse I'll be sure to remember to change the shoulderpart!

Fabric Used:
A cotton dotted swiss, sheer. Next time I'll use a different fabric, because I don't like the look a white blouse gives me. It makes me so 'waitress' or 'matron' like. And it's a bit sheer, so I have to wear something beneath it.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
No alterations are made to this pattern.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes of course, but I'll make it in a smaller size or make the shoulderpart a bit smaller.

Conclusion:
This is a very good pattern. It's very easy to download from the website and the print instructions are clear.

Plus: I wore it to a job interview and got the job! So A+ for the pattern for giving me confidence! 

Bye, 
post signature

1 comment:

Anthea said...

Mooie blouse! En gefeliciteerd met je baan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...