01 September 2015

Vianne finished!


Remember my cherries dress for the Outfit-A-Long 2015? I did finish the dress on time, but the cardigan took me a little longer to finish. The deadline was the 1st of August. I finished the Vianne on the 10th of August. 

I loved this pattern! The back has an interesting lace detail and once you get to know the stitch repeats, it's very easy. Unfortunately the first time I worked on the back piece I made a lot of mistakes. Those mistakes which aren't big ones, but you notice them anyhow. My knitting group made up of co-workers gave me the advice to start over. I also had some reservations about the size I started to knit, but once again my co-workers gave some great advice and said the size was perfect. 


I love working topdown and knitting Andi Satterlund's patterns! I can really recommend her patterns. I love it how she uses big yarn and negative ease. 

And I hate picking up stitches, but this helped me a lot. 


The only thing that bothers me is the underarm bit, you can see it being a bit big in the picture (right). But when moving that arm you can't see it. Perhaps it has to do with picking up too many stitches in the underarm. 

my boyfriend wanted a close up ;-)
The yarn is so soft! I love Merino! 

The buttons are purple mother-of-pearl and have a little flower engraved on them. The top buttons tends to pop open, so I'm thinking about removing the button and sewing the buttonhole shut. 

More knitting info on Ravelry.

Did I tell you how much I love this cardigan? :D

Bye,
post signature

3 comments:

Bonita Vear said...

Oh wow! This cardigan is stunning and the back of it!! I think it looks so fabulous ~ what a great knit! ❤

xox,
bonita of Lavender & Twill

Dasha Marlen said...

great cardigan! you look very cute and the skirt is awesome too!

Welmoed said...

Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...